Tuesday, November 01, 2005

If Confirmed, Alito Will Cause the Costs of Babysitting to Skyrocket

I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to make the Alito debacle (or, as I affectionately call him, Adolph junior) relevant to this blog, and I have finally come up with one!

Alito's views on Congressional interstate commerce power is that Congress may not enact constitutionally gun control (at least, when it comes to machine guns) and environmental laws. This will finally give me a legitimate excuse to keep my daughter locked in the house until she is 35. After all, who wants their child to breathe polluted air and be in danger of being shot? Of course, that means that instead of saving up for college, Scott and I will have to save for the babysitter, since we both have to work.

Ah, good to get that out of my system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home