Thursday, August 11, 2005

Beginning of the working mom life

My daughter Piper was born on the last day of law school - how very compliant of her. As soon as I got over labor and started sleeping two hours at a time, I started studying for the bar. Studying for the bar counts as working, right? Everyone who's ever studied for the bar (or married to someone who's studied for the bar) knows that future lawyers would rather do anything - take out the garbage, wash the dishes, get the mail - than study for the bar. All I wanted to do was play with the baby. I do not know whether my desire to be with Piper came from maternal instincts or from trying to avoid studying. Suffice it to say, I did not get much studying done. Now that the bar is behind me (for now, anyway - I may have failed), I am playing with the baby guilt-free. She is fun and a handful at the same time. I am starting a new job in September, and I am looking forward to it and dreading leaving Piper at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home